Looking for Natural Cures for Fibromyalgia Symptoms? Santa Rosa Chiropractor Offers Treatment.
If you’re seeking natural cures for Fibromyalgia symptoms, it’s important to understand what Fibromyalgia is and the various factors that must be addressed to provide relief.
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a health condition that affects 2 to 4% of the population and is 9 times more likely to occur in women than men. The condition may be diagnosed if you experience any or all of the following Fibromyalgia symptoms below. The Mayo Clinic describes three general areas, including widespread pain, which may be a dull ache on both sides of your body, fatigue and cognitive difficulties.
- Tingling pain
- Soreness in muscles
- Exhaustion and lethargy
- Trouble sleeping
- Mood issues
- Digestive problems
- Various chemical sensitivities
- Discomfort in particular trigger points
What Causes Fibromyalgia?
The specific Fibromyalgia causes are still unidentified, but hypotheses include:
- Genetic susceptibility
- Stress response disruption
- Hormonal distress
- Emotional trauma
- Physical suffering
- Immune response disturbance
- Acute infection
The standard levels of the stress hormone cortisol are high in the morning, so you wake up fresh and motivated, and are low at night so you can sleep. In Fibromyalgia, these levels are altered. Instead, the morning cortisol levels may be low so you’ll struggle to wake up, while the night levels may be high so you’ll feel uneasy and not able to sleep.
Fibromyalgia causes disrupted sleep patterns, which can lead to an avalanche of other severe complications. During periods of deep sleep, the body regenerates cells and nurtures new muscle tissues. So, if you’re unable to sleep properly, your body may not be able to recover from the daily fatigue.
Forms of Fibromyalgia Treatment
Physicians will often treat Fibromyalgia with an immune suppressant prescription. Or, they may treat the symptoms with pain relievers, anti-depressants or anti-seizure drugs. Often, there is little to no improvement with prescription medications. Worse, pharmaceuticals often carry the risks of side effects with prolonged use.
When using natural cures for Fibromyalgia, however, Fibromyalgia symptoms often decline. Natural treatment has been proven to help Fibromyalgia patients sleep properly, have more stamina, experience greater pain relief and feel more relaxed and healthy. Some of the most common natural cures for Fibromyalgia are:
- Yoga – Yoga is an excellent therapy for Fibromyalgia. It’s reported to calm the mind and reduce anxiety, which is a key trigger of this condition. Yoga also relaxes cramped muscles and releases the stress entrapped inside them.
- Meditation – Meditation can effectively lessen the levels of anxiety and other symptoms of Fibromyalgia. It can also help in reducing your exhaustion and making amendments in your sleep patterns.
- 5-HTP – 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an effective Fibromyalgia supplement. It can increase serotonin levels and help to alleviate pain.
- SAM-e – S-adenosylmethionine or SAM-e can help relieve pain and fatigue, elevate mood and other Fibromyalgia symptoms. It has also been found to lower depression and a number of other trigger points in Fibromyalgia sufferers.
- Tai Chi – Tai Chi works on both body and mind, and can induce a good quality sleep, while also alleviating pain levels and emotional distress.
- Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy – MLDT or Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy massage is one of the oldest yet useful natural cures for Fibromyalgia. It moves body’s delicate tissues and muscles using various techniques, thus contributing to a deep, restorative sleep.
Ask Santa Rosa Chiropractor Dr. David Anderson about Fibromyalgia.
If you have not already tried these natural methods, you might consider working with Dr. David Anderson. A Santa Rosa chiropractor, Dr. Anderson has successfully treated the symptoms that fibromyalgia causes in patients. In recent years, more patients with fibromyalgia have been turning to chiropractors to treat the neck pain, back pain and leg cramps that often accompany this condition. They often report that treatment to the neck and spine can significantly reduce the chronic pain, fatigue and sleeplessness caused by fibromyalgia.